Some history of the Billings Reservoir.
In 1896 William Mackenzie and associates acquired in São Paulo the
animal-Trams-line ("mules") and founded in Ontario - Canada
the "Light" SPTL&P - (Sao Paulo Traction Light & Power) which later
was named Brazilian Traction Light & Power
The Guarapiranga Reservoir => http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guarapiranga
In 1912 the group founded the Brazilian Traction, Light and Power Company Ltd., (in Brazil called "Light").
In 1927, the area currently occupied by the Billings Dam was flooded through the construction of the "Pedreira"-Dam by the course of the Rio Grande, also called Jurubatuba River. The project was implemented by the former Light - "The São Paulo Tramway, Light and Power Company, Ltd.", nowadays "Eletropaulo", in order to harness the waters of the Upper Tietê for generating electricity at the hydroelectric power plant (HPP) Henry Borden in Cubatao, taking advantage of the Serra do Mar slope.
After the "mules" finally the electric Tram in São PauloAsa White Kenney Billings, contracted by the Canadian company Tramway Light & Power).